AASWB-2: 2NIGHTS 3 DAYS TO SHABA/SAMBURU
Samburu National Reserve is a popular game park in the northern Kenya lying along the Ewaso Ng'iro River. The park is 165 km² in size and is situated 350 kilometers from Nairobi. Across the river is the Buffalo Springs National Reserve. To their east is the Shaba Game Reserve which together with Samburu National Reserve is where conservationists George and Joy Adamson raised Elsa the Lioness, made famous in the bestseller book and award-winning movie Born Free.
The Ewaso Ng'iro flows through these three game reserves and provides water without which the game in this arid region could not survive.
There is a wide variety of animal and bird life to be seen here in abundance.
Animals include the gerenuk, Grevy's zebra, oryx, reticulated giraffe, the Masai lion, Tanzanian cheetah and leopard as well as the elephant, Cape buffalo, Hippopotamus and large crocodiles. There are also over 350 species of bird. These include grey-headed kingfisher, sunbirds, bee-eaters, Marabou stork, tawny eagle, Verreaux's eagle, bateleur, vulturine guineafowl, yellow-necked spurfowl, lilac-breasted roller, secretary bird, superb starling, northern red-billed hornbill, yellow-billed hornbill, and various vultures including the palm-nut vulture.
Day 1: Nairobi/ Samburu
Pickup at JKIA or your hotel and depart at 7.00 and drive via the shoulder of Mt. Kenya crossing the equator to arrive at your lodge in time for lunch. After lunch relax before taking late afternoon gamedrive. Overnight at your lodge (LD)
Day 2: Samburu Game Reserve
The day is spent game viewing in the Samburu game reserve and the neighbouring Buffalo Springs game reserve with morning and afternoon gamedrives. Elephants abound; also available are lion, leopard, cheetah, reticulated giraffe, buffalo, gerenuk, grevy’s zebra, Somali ostrich, oryx and crocodile. Overnight at your Lodge (BLD)
Day 3: Samburu/Nairobi
After breakfast we return to Nairobi by lunch hour and drop off at your hotel or JKIA in time for your flight [B]. END OF SAFARI
Included in the Lodge price
• Transport by safari minibus with a pop up roof for best game viewing and photography
• Services of a professional English speaking driver/ guide
• Game park entrance fees
• Flying doctors emergency evacuations cover
• Full board accommodation in tented camps/ lodges as specified in the itinerary
• 1.5 litter water bottle per person per day while on safari
• Activities as indicated in the specified itinerary
Not included in the Lodge price:
• Personal travel insurance
• Lunch on the last day
• Hotel accommodation in Nairobi (but can be arranged upon request)
• Entry visas
• Optional activities payable directly at the lodge e.g. Masai village visit, nature walks, boat rides etc
• All personal expenses; e.g. laundry, beverages, gratuities to staff, driver guide tip etc
• Any other extras not stated as included above