What Makes Kenya The Ideal Safari Destinations for Canadians?
The unique experience of an African safari is equal to heaven. Because this vast continent has much to offer, covering a multitude of amazing countries including Tanzania, South Africa, and Egypt. Kenya is the heart of East Africa. Kenya Safari Destination is definitely the perfect choice especially if you’re looking for an authentic wildlife safari experience and unique adventures. Here, you might not find Ice Hockey, Moses, or Maple Syrup, but a safari Kenya has a lot of other things to offer that would make Canadians want to book a Kenya Safari Tours right away.
The ultimate dream of every wildlife-lover is to see the Big 5. Kenya Safari Holidays is all about going in search of the Big Five. That’s why every year millions of Canadians choose Kenya Destinations in the hopes of spotting all members of the Big Five and of course to get the best game viewing.
Are you planning to get in on a Kenya Safari Tours from Canada this year? But not able to find any proper relevant information? Then you have indeed on the right page. This blog post will feed you everything you need to know.
Why Kenya Is The Ideal Safari Destination for Canadians?
Kenya safari is a perfect amalgamation of nature and culture and is in the abundance of wildlife.
1.Tropical Weather Of Kenya Safari
Canada is famous for its unpredictable weather and sub-zero temperatures. All though Canadian summers are great, it’s rather short. In contrastingly, Kenya’s weather is absolutely gorgeous throughout the year. Which can be a welcome delight. Give yourself a much-required respite from all that constant cold and changing weather. Bask in a tropical paradise of Kenya Destinations. Where it is mostly sunny with just enough rainfall to maintain the landscape’s luscious green signature.
2.Perfect Timing with Canadian Summer
June and October is the Best Time To Visit Kenya if you want to witness the Great Wildebeest Migration. Coincidentally that’s the period of the summer season in Canada (June to early September). So, instead of going on your usual summer trips, why not opt for an exotic country and experience something new?
In case you’re looking for a new getaway destination during the Canadian winter, Kenya has its second dry and warm season in January and February. Not to boost but it is filled with lots of new-borns and plenty of wildlife as well scattered all around greener scenery.
3.Easy Communication Options
You’ll find a number of flights from Canada to Kenya, including Air Canada and Kenya Airways. It will be 15 hours with mostly one stop along the way. You’ll be arriving in Kenya, either through the Jomo Kenyatta Airport in Nairobi or the Moi International Airport in Mombasa.
4.Kenya safari; Beach Holiday + Exotic Cuisine + Safari; kill three birds with one stone
Canadians are well acquainted with the waterfront scene and basking in the sun. Kenya is home to some of the most astounding beaches in the world that can rival only those in the Caribbean. Combined with the original safari adventure, surely it will be a perfect bucket list trip.
And, there’s no comparison of Kenyan Cuisine. Treat your taste buds with dozens of delicious, unique dishes. So, allow your palates to embark on a scintillating adventure of exotic flavors.
Fulfill all your fantasy coming face to face with Africa’s storybook wildlife. Spend some time under the stars and in the sun. Canadians love the outdoors and this is exactly what makes a Safari Holiday In Kenya an adventure equal to none.
Lavish Location & Landscape of Kenya Safari
Arguably Kenya is the best year-round premier safari destination. A Kenya Safari entrails 40 National parks and reserves. Its profuse wildlife along with stunning landscapes perfectly capture the essence of an African adventure.
Kenya is surrounded by the wonders of nature. Starting from the lofty heights of the snow-capped Mount Kenya to the inviting palm-fringed coastline of the Indian Ocean, to all the way to the steep escarpments of the Great Rift Valley, a Kenya Safari has it all.
Enjoy the breathtaking array of glassy lakes decorated with overflowing birdlife scattered all across the landscape. Also, Kenya is home to some of the best wildlife populations on the planet today. Truly Kenya Safari Destinations is an outdoor experience unlike any other.
Entry Requirements of Kenya for Canadian Nationals
- You are required to produce a valid Canadian passport for at least 6 months beyond the date you expect to leave Kenya with at least two (2) blank pages
- One passport-size photo of yours taken on a white background and within the last six months
- C$65.00 (non-refundable) Money Order/Bankers Draft/Certified cheque payable to Kenya High Commission in case you’re applying for a visa there
- A valid tourist visa is mandatory. You can get it online.
- The Kenyan Government has relaxed visa fees for children under 16 years of age who are accompanying their parents to Kenya
- Now Canadian passport holders can also enter Kenya through the East African tourist visa.
- That will give you entries to Kenya, Uganda, and Rwanda and is valid for 90 days only with no option to extend.
Please note that the information provided here is only temporary and liable to change at any time, Kindly check in with the Kenyan High Commission, located at 415 Laurier Avenue East in Ottawa before embarking on your trip.
Kenya Safari Tours; Health and Safety Information
Kenya Safari Tours encourages all travelers to have up-to-date routine immunizations such as:
- Yellow Fever
- Measles-mumps-rubella (MMR)
- Tetanus, diphtheria
We recommend you to get these before leaving Canada. But there are also several top-notch medical facilities across the country, but mostly in Nairobi, the capital city.
For more detailed information on safety and travel regulation please visit Aardwolf Africa Adventure Safaris. Our Kenya Travel Guide will be fully compliant with your every quire.
Top Safari Parks in Kenya
Masai Mara Of Kenya Safari
- It is one of the greatest Kenya Wildlife Park reserves in Africa.
- Merged with the Serengeti National Park, the Masai Mara reserve is situated in the south-west wing of Kenya.
- Here you will find around 95 different species of mammals and over 570 bird species. This awesome Kenya Wildlife Park gives an incredible view of the wildlife which one cannot miss.
How to Reach: 4-5 hours journey by road from Nairobi city.
Best Time To Visit: July-October
Nairobi National Park Of Kenya Safari
- Nairobi National park is one of the most famous Kenya Safari Destinations. As it is very near to the capital city, it would be very easy to commute for all Canadian travelers.
- On top of that, it is famous for its black rhino sanctuary. Lately, this Kenya Safari Destination has earned a reputation for its own wildebeest migration, superb avifauna, and exciting walking trails. Also, it is the best place to experience the African bush.
- Because of such close proximity to the city, you can also opt for a day tour. Just hire a Kenya Travel Guide at the gate. Afterward, you are free to make the most of this famous Kenya Safari Destination.
How to Reach: less than 5 miles from the city.
Best Time to Visit: June- September
Amboseli National Park of Kenya Safari
In a word, Amboseli National Park is the poster child of an African Safari.
- This Kenya Safari Destination is a photographer’s paradise.
- The sight of beautiful elephant herds standing against the stunning backdrop of famous Mount Kilimanjaro aka ‘Africa’s highest peak’ is truly exquisite.
- This picturesque Kenya National Park is centered around Observation Hill. Thus offering a great view of the plains below.
- The Amboseli National Park houses 50 mammal species and 400 bird species.
How to Reach: 4-hour journey by road from Nairobi. Also, there are daily flights from Wilson airport.
Best Time to Visit: between June to October.
Tsavo National Park Of Kenya Safari
- Tsavo National Park is known to be one of the oldest Kenya Wildlife Park.
- The national park is divided into two parts; Tsavo East National Park and Tsavo West National Park.
- Here you can enjoy the wide expanse covered in rocky landscapes, extinct volcanoes, and sparse grasslands.
How to Reach: you can take personal transport or bus from Nairobi, Mombasa as well as from Malindi. You can also take a Chartered flight which will land at one of the six airstrips in the south or 13 airstrips in the north.
Best Time to Visit: June-October and January and February
Aberdare National Park Of Kenya Safari
This national park is located near the cliff of the Aberdare mountain range, God has created this Kenya National Park as if to protect the slopes and moorland of the mountain.
- Because of higher altitude, this area is generally misty and prone to frequent rain.
- Despite being at such height, the Aberdare National Park is famous for sheltering the second-largest herds of the endangered species of Black Rhinos.
- That’s not all, you can also spot many Kenyan animals like the African elephants, black leopard, and bongo antelope.
How to Reach: It is160 km from Nairobi city. You can also easily reach the park from the town of Nyahururu and Naivasha.
Best Time to Visit: June-September
Lake Nakuru National Park Of Kenya Safari
- The Lake Nakuru National Park is located at a distance of 156 km from the northwest of Nairobi.
- This Kenya Safari Destination is an absolute Bird Paradise.
- Because the Lake Nakuru National Park will take all Canadian travelers on a once-in-a-lifetime ride to witness different species of birds from a close distance.
- Arguably, it is the place to visit for a bird safari.
- Expect to find a large number of flamingos and endemic wildlife breeds during the peak season.
How to Reach: You will find a direct way to the park is via the main gate which is 4 km away from the Nakuru Town Centre.
Best Time to Visit: June-March
The Best Time Visit Kenya for Canadian Travelers?
From the month of June to October is the Best Time to Visit Kenya. Just when the weather is dry and you can spend extensive time enjoying the best of Safari Kenya. Besides, this is the time when Savannah flourishes. Also if you’re coming from Canada, then it’s the best time to go explore places like Masai Mara.
The Average Cost OF Safari In Kenya?
The average cost of Kenya Holidays might come around $400. Given that, a Budget Safari in Kenya averages up to $150 per night, mid-range $350, and luxury $750. But the extreme top-safaris can easily go up to $1,500 per night or more.
Top experiences of Kenya Safari: Game Viewing & Bush Safari
Kenya Safari Tours are the most popular for their thrilling game drives. Beyond exciting and intriguing, you will find these game drives to have spread across major parts of the country. But what makes the Kenya Safari Destination most unforgettable for Canadian Travelers is Kenya’s never-ending sea of Savannah Grassland surrounding an entire world of wildlife.
You’ll start your morning safari in the game reserve area, even before sunrise. Enjoy the captivating aroma of fresh moist grass, while, simultaneously, spotting wildlife encircling and prowling the vast bushes. Take a stroll in the dense bush in the Kenya national Park, for they are quiet and exude peace.
Thousands of Canadian each year choose Kenya Safari Holidays to witness the majestic birds and animals, to take photographs, to enjoy safaris.
There are 5-star luxury wildlife safaris offered by Aardwolf Africa Adventure Safaris in all national park regions like Masai Mara, Nairobi Reserve, and Mount Kenya National Park. For, these safari experiences will surely be the heart and soul of your safari in Kenya.